When we brought her home on December 6, 2007 she looked like this:

Now she looks like this:

In her 4 months with us she has had many experiences and accomplishments. First and foremost she has gone from weighing 10lbs when we brought her home, to currently weighing a nice healthy 50lbs (which is impressive seeing that she's 6 months old and the average weight for a female husky is 35-50lbs).
She has graduated from the puppy training class at Petsmart:

She is currently in intermediate training and doing really well, especially when we remember to take the time to train her during the week.
She makes us get out and move, to avoid her destroying the house. We take her on walks...well, I walk her, Ryan cheats and uses roller blades, but I must admit that it really works and she's best when she's had 20 or 30 min out with him.
Our wonderful Sable has caused her fair share of trouble, including: swallowing a cat toy causing me to take a trip to the emergency vet, terrorizing our 2 cats whenever she can, and taking away a good number of hours that should have been spent sleeping. She is very attentive when she actually cares what you have to say.
But even with our 2 cats and 1 dog...for us...it didn't quite feel complete. So, we decided that we needed a 2nd Siberian husky puppy to join Sable in our house.


6 comments:
Okay, Sable's pretty cute, but Shiva is adorable! I'm glad you're blogging.
Wow another one! That's awesome! I can't believe how much your puppy has grown in 4 months! :-) What a cutie Sable and Shiva both are!
Ashe Shiva is adorable! Mom told me about Sable getting out in the middle of the night and then sneaking back home before you woke up so she looked innocent. You sure have your hands full. I hope Lukas and Shiva will be as good of friends as Lukas and Sable are. :)
Well, actually our neighbor who's yard she got in put her back in and she went to sleep until we got up. Either way, we never would have known unless our neighbor came and told us. She's too adorable for her own good, and I'm sure Shiva will be the same way.
Welcome Ashley to the blog world!
I love your new pup! You have lots to say on a blog. It will surprise you things you can come up with!!
Janell
Hey Ashley and Ryan,
Love the blog and the photo's of Sable and Shiva. We enjoyed so much seeing you guys and Sable again. My, Sable sure has grown since the last time I held her in my arms. I think I would have trouble trying to pick her up now, 40 lbs difference since I saw her last. She has turned into such a well behaved girl and is so pretty. We are so happy that Shiva now has you as her family too! Will definitely come to your blog site so we can keep up with the antics that these two girls and going to get into! They are going to have so much fun together and I'm sure there will be lots of future fun huskies stories to come!
Post a Comment